The winners of the Giraldillo prizes for the 18th edition of the Bienal de Sevilla 2014 have been announced
Enrique Morente, El Lebrijano, Antonio Reyes, Farruquito, Miguel Ángel Cortés, “Imágenes” of the BFA, Manuel Valencia and Rafael Riqueni are the winners. What follows is the complete minutes of the jury.
JURY REPORT FOR THE GIRALDILLO PRIZES OF THE 18th BIENAL DE FLAMENCO
Meeting in Seville at the headquarters of the Bienal de Flamenco, at 10:30 am on October 22nd, 2014, the members of the jury for the Giraldillos of the 2014 edition: María del Mar Sánchez Estrella, president of the jury, Cristóbal Ortega Martos, director of the Bienal; D. Rafael Infante Macías, D. Alberto García Reyes, D. Manuel Rodríguez Rodríguez, D. Manuel Herrera Rodas, D. Francisco Javier León Viana, D. Manuel Martín Martín, D. Juan Vergillos, Doña Rosalía Gómez, Doña Marta Carrasco and D. Conrado Rodríguez Tejada, having voted by mail D. Manuel Bohórquez and D. Manuel Macías Moreno and activing as secretaery, José María Sousa Aparicio, general coordinator of the Bienal de Flamenco, the following prizes were distributed for the 18th Bienal de Flamenco de Sevilla:
- Giraldillo CIUDAD DE SEVILLA for Enrique Morente and Juan Peña El Lebrijano for their extraordinary contribution to flamenco, and their special ties to Seville.
- Giraldillo for CANTE for Antonio Reyes for incorporating his personality to the legacy of the greats.
- Giraldillo for DANCE for Farruquito for his special way of renewing flamenco dance.
- Giraldillo for GUITAR for Miguel Ángel Cortés for his maturity in all facets of the flamenco guitar.
- Giraldillo for BEST SHOW for Imágenes del Ballet Flamenco de Andalucía for keeping the memory of the old masters alive
- Giraldillo for BEST NEWCOMER for Manuel Valencia for his original contribution to traditional guitar-playing.
- Giraldillo for LA MAESTRÍA for Rafael Riqueni for his special Seville style that situates him as one of the greatest maestros of the guitar.
- The session was adjourned at 1:45pm.